Criteria for Admission
Admission is open to all irrespective of caste or creed. Children are admitted to LKG & UKG directly on the basis of interview. Admission to Classes I to IX and XI are generally restricted to students from the CBSE schools. These admissions are strictly on the basis of merit as per their performance in entrance exam and availability of seats. No direct admission is granted to Classes X and XII.
For admission to L.K.G. a child must have completed 3 ½ years of age on Ist June of the school year. For admission to Class I, a child must have completed 5 ½ years of age on Ist June of the school year. A copy of Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths (Panchayat / Municipality / Corporation) is to be submitted at the time of admission.
Admission Procedure for Classes I – IX and XI
The following process is to be followed for seeking admission at Citadel Residential School, Ranni.
- Collect the application form for admission from the school office counter .
- Complete all the details of the admission form, affix photo, attach copy of Birth Certificate and submit the same at the office counter to register your ward’s name for admission.
- You can download the application from our website, take the printout, fill it and send the same to us along with a Demand Draft drawn in favour of Principal, Citadel Residential School payable at Ranni towards Provisional Registration to enable us to register your ward’s name for admission. Registration forms are in PDF format. To view/print the registration forms you need Acrobat Reader.
- All students will have to appear for an Aptitude Test in English, Mathematics, Social Science and General Science to qualify for admission. The Aptitude Test and Personal Interview will be held in the school on any convenient day between March and June every year.
- Admission will be confirmed only after assessing the performance of the child in the Aptitude Test and in a Personal Interview with the respective Coordinators. On confirmation of admission, parents will be required to submit Transfer Certificate from the school attended previously.
- The question papers for the aptitude test will be based on the portions of previous class attended.
- We do admit students in the Second Term.
- We wish to make it clear that registering the name of the child and attending the interview will not ensure a seat for your ward as this depends solely on (1) the performance of the child in the interview and the Aptitude Test and (2) the vacancy position in the class for which admission is sought.
- For admission to Class XI, parents are required to visit the school with the candidate for a Personal Interview and an Aptitude Test in Science and Mathematics. The academic reports of Classes IX and X along with a Character Certificate from the last school attended are mandatory during aptitude test. Kindly note that admission to Grade XI and the choice of subjects / stream will be considered purely based on the results of the board exams and the stream taken.
- It is very important that both parents of the student should visit the school for signing the documents and also ascertain the facilities offered by the school. Please note that the school does not encourage nomination of guardian for our students. Only non-resident Indian parents are permitted to specify one guardian for their children. Only parents (or authorized guardian in case of non-resident Indian students) whose name is entered in the school records at the time of admission, will be permitted to take the students out for mid-term break / vacation / outing etc. Parents of other students, family friends and local people will not be considered as guardians.
- Our aim is to see that every child is happy once he/she joins the school and we expect the same from the parents also. We will not admit any child unless the father/mother or a responsible person from the family visits the school.
Our academic calendar starts from first of May to mid-March for Classes IX to XII and from first of June to mid-March for Classes I to VIII. There are two terms per year. The first term is from May to September for Classes IX to XII and from June to September for Classes I to VIII. The second term for all classes is from October to March. There are three vacations in a year i.e. for Onam, Christmas and Summer Vacation.
For information regarding fee payments and the formalities of admission to be completed, you are requested to kindly contact the Admissions Office of the school over telephone (Tel Nos. 91-4735-200594, 200568) or write to us at email@example.com
- Students are admitted on the understanding that they would remain in the school for the entire academic year.
- If a parent desires to withdraw their child from the school before the end of the school year, the rules demand that the school fees for the entire year (for a boarder – boarding fee of the term) should be paid before the Transfer Certificate could be issued.
- All applications for transfer certificate should be made through the prescribed form by the parent or the local guardian.
- The management reserves the right to compel the parent to withdraw their children if their conduct is harmful to other students.
- Irregular attendance, non payment of fees, habitual disobedience and conduct injurious to the moral tone of the school, justify dismissal at any time of the year.
- Malpractice in examination is a grave offence. If found guilty, the following rule shall apply. For the first time, the student shall be awarded zero marks for all the papers of the said examination. If repeated a second time, it shall lead to either detention or dismissal.
- If any meddling with marks or grades is done on the report card by the student, he/she shall be awarded zero in all subjects.
- Any misbehavior of serious nature that has become a public notice is liable to bring about suspension or dismissal even if it took place outside the school premises.